From starting off as aliens to farewell as Fam!

Another blog post after a hiatus -
a brief account of the month spent at Shivganga Gurukul in Dharampuri, Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh.

Bamboo Dome aka Workspace and Office <3







A month passed by in a jiffy
And now the heart feels heavy


I had never imagined coming to a place so far away from my home yet feeling at home.
Being at Shivganga under the blessing-like shelter of Mahesh Ji, Harsh Ji, Rajaram Ji;
affectionate guidance and friendship of Nitin Ji, Vishwanath Ji, and
everyone else there was a great pleasure. 


I acquired a learning experience that could never be gained from any book in the universe;

now I know why they say learning outside classrooms is more important than classroom
learning. To someone who had never lived in villages and was adapted to the hustle-bustle of
city life, the serene campus and twinkling night sky brought a peace
that no therapy could ever have - it helped me transform.


If the image captured from a ta**i phone camera looks so enchanting,
just imagine the visual treat that the place has to offer.


There is so much to take away from a place hidden from the world - everything that an individual, a bureaucracy, a government, society and nation can learn. Emotionally, economically, and culturally I acquired a lot.
I found answers for questions that I never knew existed in my mind - What goes in the societies that have been looked down for ages? How do they function? Why did they escape notice? How to connect with strangers in a way that they, 
become family when the time comes for goodbyes? How do I lead every day in a sustainable way? How to never let that cheerful smile falter? How to make the most out of the least? Where to draw a line between needs and wants? The start and end of the limits of the comfort zone and what happens beyond.

Surely I found answers, and I am walking towards leading a better life, but I am not perfect. Maybe I still make mistakes, but I make an effort not to. I want to make people happy just by being around. It seems challenging, but I'm enjoying it. 'leading life one step at a time' - that's my mantra.



One of the major eventful experiences during my stay there was emcee-ing the two-day event Parmarth Prerna Shivir in Hindi. For someone who had always shied away from being on stage (courtesy: jitters and anxiety), being able to host an event before 100+ informed audience, in a language that's not native, and garnering words of sweet praise from all was a major boost of confidence.



 I believe, now I am someone who is more confident than I ever was,
more patient towards listening to others, more compassionate
and accommodative than the past me,
my Hindi has been polished and refined to the level of a native Hindi speaker.
As I leave for the place I come from, I shall strive my best to lead my life with the ideals of
Parmarth.

I offer my gratefulness and pranams to the soil of Jhabua, and everyone from
6-month-old Dhwaj to 80 (something) year old Boocha Maharaj,
for I, have learnt a thing or two from everyone.























"अपने लिये तो हर कोई करता है, हम अपने देश, धरती और धरम के लिए कुछ करना चाहते है "
These are words of Parmarth echoing throughout people and spaces in Jhabua, the lines that explain the magnetic effect of the blood, sweat and tears of Shivganga over the span of 10+ years.








So many memories,
Lessons for a lifetime,
Boundless affection, selfless love,
What do I say for those
From whom I've only taken all
                                                     and have smiles and sweet words
to offer in turn.








Clothed in constant warm smiles
You made me feel at home even from miles

- Nidhi









Comments

vendakkavenda said…
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥